Friday, November 14, 2008

Updates on the Molies....

So I've now completed my second contribution to someone else's moly, still waiting to see what's going on in my other exchanges. It's hard because while I love surprises, I totally hate the waiting for them. Here is my addition to Michael Nightmare's monster moly...again, his work is on the left, my addition is on the right:

In addition to the Monster and Wonderland exchanges I signed up for a portrait exchange and an open exchange. The open exchange basically means all artist involved get to pick their own theme for their own individual book. I picked Fairy Tales, and this is still a work in progress but here's what I have so far....

I was going for a black and white theme and then changed that to shades of gray with just the color red as focal points. I still have to color in Little Red's hair and basket, make some changes to her face, but overall this is pretty much my layout for the fairy tale entry.

2 comments:

busylizzy said...

Oh Kelley, I love the Red Riding Hood drawing. Can't wait to see it when you get it back.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Kelly,
This is so cute! I love your theme of black and white and red. Very retro indeed and I love that. Have have a wonderful style. Great work.